Deschutes pullover by Norah Gaughan review

Deschutes pullover in Brooklyn Tweed Arbor
Color: Garnet

First, let me say I do know that Norah Gaughan is a knitting/knitwear designer/Queen. As of this writing, she is the editor-in-chief of Vogue knitting. This is a lovely pattern, fairly easy, but from the pictures of the model wearing this, I could not tell it is 3/4 sleeve. Usually sleeves are long on me, so I lengthen this to full sleeves since Arbor is a chunky yarn and I have no need for a 3/4 sleeve pullover in North Texas. 

I knitted this in since 3/41.5, and the pattern calls for 6 skeins in Brooklyn Tweed Arbor. I bought 7 since I have not knitted anything in Arbor. But even lengthening the sleeves, I only used up 4.5 skeins. This bothers me a lot because their yarn is not cheap.

I have to say Garnet is a very nice pretty red, however Arbor is a very fragile yarn, it broke multiple times in the middle of the knit, for no reason. The pattern did tell you that you might want to consider using a stronger yarn for seaming. I knitted this during the pandemic in the fall of 2020. My local yarn store (which is almost 20 miles away) was still closed, curbside pickup only. So I decided that I am going to use Arbor to seam. Well it broke and broke and broke. The sweater also started to pill a bit before I even finish. So I think this is the last time I will buy Arbor. 


 

Comments