Strelitzia scarf by ‘We are knitters’ Review


I am a beginner knitter. This is my first project. I chose the Strelitzia scarf by ‘We are knitters’ in the colour Salmon, because it looked simple, and it is one piece, not sewing together. This is ‘The wool’ which is a chunky 100% wool 1-ply yarn. I knitted as a child but all I did was knit, my grandmother would cast on and off for me, and fix all my mistakes.

I was able to follow the videos on the “We are knitters”site and learned how to cast on stitches and cast off stitches. The videos are generally very good. The finished scarf is more than 5 feet long, and it took me about 5 hours of knitting time.

This kit includes 2 balls of The wool, a set of 15mm knitting needles in wood, the pattern, a label that you can sew on the finished product (which said knitted by myself), and a couple sewing needles.

Cost breakdown: 2 skeins of yarn, $48; 1 set of knitting needles $19, kit cost $75. So the pattern end up costing $8. For a beginner like me, I have no choice but to buy the kit because without the pattern I will not know how many stitches to cast. If you already have the needles in this size, you can opt out the needles and $12 will be deducted from the kit. Which means that you would end up paying $15 for the pattern. So I think this kit is really for people like me who does not know anything, because after knitting for 5 weeks, I would not pay $75 for the kit. I now have an idea of how many stitches to cast just by looking at the picture, and I will just need to buy the wool skeins.

#weareknitters
#strelitziascarf



Comments