Chewing gum sweater by ‘We are knitters’ review


This is the chewing gum sweater by ‘We are knitters’. The color is bubblegum. It is knitted in “The petit wool” which is a thin 100% wool 1-ply yarn. I picked this kit because it is in the beginner category. It took me about 15 hours of knitting time, including an hour and a half of sewing the pieces together.

This kit includes 6 balls of The petite wool for size large, a set of 8 mm knitting needles in wood, which I already have, a label that you can sew on the finished product (which said knitted by myself), and a couple sewing needles. Note: I have one whole skein plus some left. 

Cost breakdown: 6 skeins of yarn $84, the kit was $101 with the needles, $89 without the needles. So the pattern ended up costing $5.

I wanted to pick up something simple and fast knit to knit on the plane and train on my trip to London and Paris. I also want something in petit wool because I do not want to pack large skeins in my bag. I do not check luggage so I only have a small roll-on. Out of all the beginner kits from We are Knitters, this is the easiest to knit, all knit stitch, no increase, no decrease, and the fit is the best in my opinion, I will definitely knit this again, in aquamarine, which is what the model was wearing. I finished this sweater in 5 days, on the plane to London, on the train to and from Paris, and on the plane coming back from London. Since I have only been knitting for 6 months, this is the first time I pack my knitting bag on a trip. And I ❤️❤️❤️❤️ it. I can only read so much on the plane, cannot watch movies since I cannot stay awake for 2 hours. And instead of staring up in the air, I knit. And since there is no increase or decrease, it is just a fast knit and I truly enjoy making this as well as wearing this. 

Note: it only took 4 1/2 skeins to make a large. Cheaper to buy the 5 pack skeins for $62.

Update: June 9, 2018 - here is the aquamarine 



Comments