Ludlow scarf by Julie Hoover review

Ludlow scarf by Julie Hoover

I like Miss Hoover’s design a lot. The Ludlow scarf is a level 2 out of 5 in difficulty. It uses one of my favorite yarn: Brooklyn Tweed Loft. But the problem is I have to knit with 2 pieces of yarn. After knitting the Napa cardigan (see review in previous post) by We are Knitters. It is a No for me. Too much trouble and when I pull the 2 strands together they seem to twist.

So I had already bought the pattern from Brooklyn Tweed ($9). I went on ravelry and surprisingly a lot of people had knitted this scarf. One person used Lion Brand Fisherman's wool. And I thought, I had not knit with cheap yarn before, but why not?

I ordered the yarn directly from the Lion Brand website and got the yarn at 40% off and I bought 3 skeins. I ended up only needing 2. They are $13 a skein and is 100% wool. Most economical project so far.

This is a project that you have to pay attention, probably write out each row and mark as you go. I made a few mistakes but it is only knit and purl stitches. This color is oatmeal and I think you can see the pattern definition pretty good. Some of the ones I saw on ravelry the color of the yarn is so dark, you really cannot see the pattern.

All in all this is an enjoyable knit but not quick. It is very long and warm and if I ever make it again, I probably would find a softer merino wool.



Comments