Stay cardigan by ‘Wool and the gang’ review

Stay cardigan in bubblegum pink

This is the Stay cardigan by ‘Wool and the gang’. The color is bubblegum pink.  It is knitted in “Take care mohair” which is a thin mohair 1-ply yarn. I picked this kit because it is in the easy category. I have knitted this before over a year ago when I had only been knitting for about 3 months, It took me about 15 hours of knitting time, including an hour and a half of sewing the pieces together. Just a little faster,  but still slippery using a big needle with thin yarn. 

This kit includes 5 balls of Take care mohair, a set of 12 mm knitting needles in wood, which I  already have, a label that you can sew on the finished product (which said knitted Made Unique by me), and a sewing needle.

Cost breakdown: 5 skeins of yarn $74.75, the kit was $99.50 with the needles, $87 without the needles. So the pattern ended up costing $12.25. The prices just went up last month, and I on,y bought 5 skeins for this project, not a kit.

This time around, I still have very little yarn left. I knit it tighter and made the sleeves in size 3. I ran out of yarn and have 8 rows left in one sleeve. I have another 5 skiers for another project and I had to tap into it.

I still like this pattern very much the second time around, I bought 5 skeins in tangerine when it was on sale for 50%, but I think I will have to shorten the sleeves or the body so I will not run out of yarn. The sleeves in size 3 are definitely roomier.



Comments