Arts sweater by ‘We are knitters’ review


This is the Arts sweater by ‘We are knitters’. The color is nude. It is knitted in “The petit wool”,  a 1-ply yarn. It took me about 15 hours of knitting time, including an hour and a half of sewing the pieces together. Quite a fast knit.

This kit includes 6 balls of the petit wool for size large, a set of 8 mm knitting needles in wood, which I already have, a label that you can sew on the finished product (which said knitted by myself), and a couple sewing needles.

Cost breakdown: 6 skeins of the petite wool $84. The kit was $101 with the needles, $89 without the needles. So the pattern ended up costing $5.

This is a beginner’s kit. There are no increase or decrease. It is a very cute sweater, that is why picked this.  I am 5’3” tall and I have to take 4 rows off the sleeves. The sleeves still cover my wrists when I am standing straight up, so I could have taken 2 more rows off. 

I live in an area where it is either too hot or too cold. I don’t particularly like pullovers cos you cannot take them off. Also the bell sleeves of this sweater makes it difficult to wear under a coat. I have worn this a couple times and I like it ok,  but not good enough to make another one for the above reasons. 

However, I highly recommend this knit if you are a beginner, or if you have attempted the chewing gum sweater or the Oromo cardigan and want something fancy but does not look like a beginner. I would be thrilled if I had knitted this a year ago (I started to knit 15 months ago) but now I want something more challenging. 

Comments