Hackney cardigan size XL by ‘We are knitters’ review


This is the Hackney cardigan by ‘We are knitters’. The color is sprinkle fantasy. It is knitted in “The meriwool” which is a thin 100% merino wool 1-ply yarn. I picked this kit because it is in the easy category. It took me about 20 hours of knitting time, including an hour and a half of sewing the pieces together. A lot faster than last time.

This kit includes 7 balls of The meriwool for size X large, a set of 5 mm knitting needles in wood, which I do not already have, a label that you can sew on the finished product (which said knitted by myself), and a couple sewing needles.

Cost breakdown: 7 skeins of yarn $189,  the kit was $167 with the needles, $155 without the needles. So the pattern ended up costing nothing, and is cheaper to buy just the kit. Note: sprinkle yarns cost more.

I still could not get the tension right, so with a size x large, the garment turned out quite a bit smaller than the tension in the pattern, but just right for me. I am a size 8 US. It also only took 6 skeins to make,  so I have one whole skein left.

The yarn is very soft, and I cannot help but bury my face in it quite a bit while I knit. I definitely will knit this again, but probably will knit a bit and go to another project, because my hand was so tired when I finish at the end. I have yarn in grey and salmon. Stay tuned.


Update: December 1, 2018 - here is one in salmon


Update: June 30, 2019 - here is one in seaside.



Comments

  1. Hi! Would it be possible to get the #of cast on stitches and any needed increases from you for the XL size for the cardigan? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment