Yellowstone cardigan by ‘We are knitters’ review


This is the Yellowstone cardigan by ‘We are knitters’. The color is salmon It is knitted in Pima cotton, which is a thin 100% Cotton yarn. It took me about 50 hours of knitting time, including an hour and a half of sewing the pieces together. 

This kit includes 5 balls of Pima cotton, a set of 5 mm knitting needles in wood, a label that you can sew on the finished product (which said knitted by myself), and a couple sewing needles. I already have the needles. 

Cost breakdown: 5 skeins of yarn $60, the kit was $89 with the needles, $77 without the needles. So the pattern ended up costing a whopping $17. I bought it in size large, but the kit comes with 5 skeins no matter what size you pick. 

I started this in March and did not finish it until the end of July. This is the thinnest yarn I have ever knitted since I started knitting in September 2017. The yarn is very slippery, and double moss stitch is tiring. I actually ended up knitting in size medium. 

It only took 126 rows instead of 146 rows to get the length stated in the pattern. I think maybe because of the yarn, the finished garment has a drapery effect, which looks almost the same as in the model picture. I only needed 6 more rows on the second sleeve when I finished skein #4. So I almost have a full skein left. 

I am glad it is finished but August is too hot to wear this. I still have the Pima cotton in mint green, so will knit this cardigan again the end of winter, hopefully in the for next spring. And hopefully it won’t take as long. 

The cotton is very soft to the touch and I really like it. I bought 5 more skeins in sprinkle pink, which will be transformed into this cardigan. One perk on this yarn is that your can knit a lot with one skein. And the finished product takes up very little room, perfect to take on for a travel project. 






Update: March 31, 2019 - here is one in mint.


Update: June 30, 2019 - here is one in sprinkle pink.






Comments