Needed me cardigan by ‘Wool and the gang’ review


This is the Needed me cardigan by ‘Wool and the gang’. The color is icy morn.  It is knitted in “Take care mohair” which is a thin mohair 1-ply yarn. I picked this kit because it is in the easy category. It took me about 20 hours of knitting time, including an hour and a half of sewing the pieces together.

This kit includes 5 balls of Take care mohair, a set of 8 mm knitting needles in wood, which I already have, a label that you can sew on the finished product (which said knitted by myself), and a sewing needle.

Cost breakdown: 5 skeins of yarn $75, the kit was $106.50 with the needles, $93 without the needles. So the pattern ended up costing $18.

I knitted size 3 in lovely lilac first (this comes from a kit) and I ran out of yarn. I emailed Wool and the gang and they are very nice to send me another skein very quickly. I was short about 1/3 of a skein.


I am a US size 8, and a size 3 is a little big on me. So I knitted the bubblegum pink and the icy morn in size 2. I am 5 feet 3 inches tall, and I took 8 rows off the body and 18 rows off the sleeves on both size 2 and size 3 versions. So if I had followed the pattern, I would need more yarn for the size 3 for sure. 

I really enjoy knitting this cardigan and I love wearing them as much as I love knitting them. I also have 5 skeins of lazy latte and 5 skeins of winter white. They will be transformed into needed me cardigans soon. 


Update: September 12,2018 - here is one in lazy latte


Update: September 20, 2018, here is one in deep grey.


Comments