Buttercream sweater by ‘We are knitters’ review



This kit includes 5 balls of The petite wool, a set of 8 mm knitting needles in wood, which I already have, a label that you can sew on the finished product (which said knitted by myself), and a couple sewing needles. I got a size large, so it came with 6 balls. It was on sale and I paid $71.20, normally $89.

Cost breakdown (at regular price): 6 skeins of yarn $84, the kit was $101 with the needles, $89 without the needles. So the pattern ended up costing $5.

This kit is so easy that it is so boring. I think it is a good first garment knit. I am a beginner knitter and have only knitted for about 4 months, and I find this very boring, and I told myself I am not buying another beginner kit unless it looks more challenging. Unfortunately, I have already bought the chewing gum sweater, which is another beginner kit. That being said, I think it is difficult for me to get the stitches even, but once I put the sweater on, I really cannot tell the difference. I did put my first knitted piece in the back. 

It only took 5 skeins to complete this in size L. It took one and a half skein each to knit the front and the back, which were identical in size. Each sleeve took less than 1 skein. So I was kind of upset to have that extra skein that I paid extra for. Unlike the wool, there is not much you can do with 1 skein of the petite wool but to knit a beanie. 

I had to re-sew the first sleeve twice. I had to stretch out the top because the under arms are too tight. When I knit the chewing gum sweater, I will knit the sleeves in size xl. I really love the nude color and the fit, but I definitely will not knit this again. 





Comments