Emei cardigan by ‘We are knitters’ review


This is the Emei cardigan by “We are knitters”. The color is light pink. It is knitted in “The petite wool” which is a thin 100% wool 1-ply yarn. I picked this kit because it is in the easy category. It took me about 25 hours of knitting time, including an hour and a half of sewing the pieces together.

This kit includes 5 balls of The petite wool, a set of 8 mm knitting needles in wood, which I do not already have, a label that you can sew on the finished product (which said knitted by myself), and a couple sewing needles.

Cost breakdown: 5 skeins of yarn $70, the kit was $89 with the needles, $77 without the needles. So the pattern ended up costing $7.

This kit is not at all easy for me, mainly because the knitting is so slow and tedious since I am a beginner knitter. 75% of the rows have alternating knitting and purling, which is slow for me. Also, a new skill is to pick up stitches and knit the trim and collar. I could not pick up the right number of stitches according to the pattern, one side, I have 3 more stitches, the other side I have 2 more. But I cannot tell from the final product. So let it be.

This piece is also something that you cannot knit and multi task doing other things, I have to count the stitches a lot to ensure that I did not make a mistake. I ended up using 4 skeins of wool plus probably 20% of the 5th skein, and I made it in size large. I am a US size 8 and the cardigan did not look like a loose boxy one as the one on the picture of the kit. I think if We are knitters will tell us what size is the model and what size they are wearing it will help. Wool and the gang does that. I will knit this again, probably in mint green.

Comments