Ranta scarf by ‘We are knitters’Review


This is the Ranta scarf by ‘We are knitters’. The color is natural. It is knitted in “The petite wool” which is a thin 100% wool 1-ply yarn. I picked this kit because it is in the easy category. It took me about 15 hours of knitting time, plus an hour and a half making the tassels.

This kit includes 4 balls of The petite wool, a set of 8 mm knitting needles in wood, which I do not already have, a label that you can sew on the finished product (which said knitted by myself), and a couple sewing needles.

Cost breakdown: 4 skeins of yarn $56, the kit was $79 with the needles, $67 without the needles. So the pattern ended up costing $11.

This kit is not at all easy for me, mainly because the knitting is so slow and tedious since I am a beginner knitter. You start off with 3 stitches and add 2 stitches every 2 rows. Also every odd row, you have to knit 2 stitches together, which is very difficult since a lot of times, my needle goes in between the piece of yarn. So every other row when it is just purl stitch I can speed up. But if you drop stitches like me, it is almost impossible for a beginner to fix. I had to restart after about 15 rows because I could not fix the stitch I dropped. The instructions also did not tell me that my stitches need to be loose so it is easier to knit 2 stitches together either.

This piece is also something that you cannot knit and multi task doing other things, I have to count the stitches a lot to ensure that I did not make a mistake. I ended up using 3 skeins of wool when I finished before I started making the tassels. See picture above. I was short of 25 feet of yarn needed to finish the tassels so that is all I used from the 4th skein. I liked this scarf a lot. I ordered 4 skeins in nude, but it will be a while before I knit this again.



Comments

Post a Comment