Oromo Cardigan by ‘We are knitters’ Review


This is my seventh knitting project. This is the Oromo cardigan by ‘We are knitters’. The color is sand It is knitted in “The wool” which is a chunky 100% wool 1-ply yarn. I picked this kit because it looked simple like the Deja vu hat and I wanted a loose fitting cardigan. It took me about 10 hours of knitting time, plus an hour and a half sewing time. I had an unexpected stay in the hospital for an infection due to my cat accidentally scratching me and I actually finished it in 2 days.

I ordered this in size large to get an extra skein ($13 extra) just in case. But looking at the measurements and debating back and forth, I decided to knit this in my normal size, which is medium, and I am a US size 8.

This kit includes 6 balls (5 for medium and small) of The wool, a set of 15 mm knitting needles in wood, which I opt out, a label that you can sew on the finished product (which said knitted by myself), and a couple sewing needles.

Cost breakdown: 6 skeins of yarn $144,  the kit was $138 with the needles, $126 without the needles. So the pattern ended up costing me nothing, and it is actually cheaper to buy the kit than the yarn by itself.

I do not have to have any “new” skills after the Deja vu hat, which is good, because I feel really accomplished. I really like the finished product with one exception. It looks more like a fitted jacket than the oversized cardigan on the model. I also got a lot of compliments. Looking back at the pattern, the large is only 2 stitches more than the medium and the extra large is 2 stitches more than the large on the back piece. I like this cardigan so much that I will make it again, but I will make it in extra large, in another color of course. Stay tuned!


Comments