Macaron Shawl by ’We are knitters’ Review


This is my second knitting project. This is the Macaron Shawl by ‘We are knitters’. The color is pearl grey. It is knitted in “The wool” which is a chunky 100% wool 1-ply yarn. I picked this kit because it looked simple like the Strelitzia scarf and I thought I can use this at the office. It took me about 6 hours of knitting time.

This kit includes 3 balls of The wool, a set of 15 mm knitting needles in wood, which I opt out, a label that you can sew on the finished product (which said knitted by myself), and a couple sewing needles.

Cost breakdown: 3 skeins of yarn $72, the kit was $95 with the needles, $83 without the needles. So the pattern ended up costing me $11. Is it worth it? Again, I am a beginner, but experienced knitters can probably tell the pattern just by looking at the picture.

I do not have to have any “new” skills after the Strelitzia scarf, which is good, because I feel really accomplished.

#weareknitters
#macaronshawl

Comments