Deja vu hat and Dinka scarf Review


I finished knitting all 8 kits that I bought from “We are knitters”. I stumbled upon “Wool and the gang” and based on the description of their Crazy Sexy Wool, it seemed that with the weight and length, it is “identical” to The Wool by “We are knitters”.

When Wool and the gang had a sale, the 10 skein bundles on their Crazy Sexy Wool was marked down to $120 I thought it is a great deal, mainly because the colors they offer are totally different. My sister’s favorite color is purple and “We are knitters” does not really have a purple color. So I ordered 4 skeins in ultra violet and 6 skeins in lipstick red.

I ended up making a Deja vu hat and a Dinka scarf for my sister for Christmas. Is the wool really the same? I think the Crazy Sexy Wool is not as soft, it has more of an itchy feel, and the texture seemed more coarse. Thickness is the same.

I definitely like The wool better, but Crazy Sexy Wool has this color called Cameo rose that I have to have, it is a ballerina pink and pink is my favorite color. No color comes close in The wool, stay tuned. I need to make something in that color.

Comments