Stasis sweater by Leila Raven review

 

Stasis sweater in Brooklyn Tweed Peerie

This is the Stasis sweater by Leila Raven in Brooklyn Tweed Peerie. The main color is Palazzo, a color that had since been discontinued, and the contrast color is Morel. These 2 colors were used in the illustration in the original publication of the pattern. The pattern provided 2 charts, one that can be used alternatively if you want to knit the collar to the pattern in the contrast color, which I had planned. 

I knitted this in the 3rd size (38.75), and the pattern called for 1 skein of contrasting color, but I ran out of this color about 2 rounds short of finishing the colorworks, so I did not have a choice but the knit the top portion in the main color. (This is a bottom up knit in the round). Luckily I have some morel from another project to spare. Thankfully 6 skeins per recommended was enough since this color is discontinued.

As usual, Brooklyn Tweed patterns are clear and provided a lot of information for guidance, e.g. where to hold the strand during colorworks. Unfortunately, I probably read this too late in the game. One colorwork on one sleeve looks different than the other, but matches the bottom band and the top.

Difference in colorworks on sleeves

Peerie is a merino wool and it is very soft after steam blocked. It does pill but not as badly as Brooklyn Tweed Shelter. I really enjoy this knit and will probably knit this again. 

Since I was also worried that I might not have enough yarn in the main color to finish the collar, and also would like to make the collar lower, I did 10 rounds instead of 15 rounds after the first yoke decrease in my size. 

This is a fairly easy knit and it probably took me 75 hours. 







Comments