Top down circular yoke pullover by Purl soho review

 

Top down circular pullover by Purl soho in
Purl soho Good wool
Color: Heirloom white (undyed)

This is the top-down circular yoke pullover by Purl soho in Purl soho good wool. I have had this pattern or a while but just could not do the wrap and turns short rows. So after knitting the First raglan sweater, I substituted all the wrap and turns with German short rows. 

Good wool is also one of my very favorite yarns. It is $15 a skein for 383 yards and I have bought it on sale for as much as 25% off. When good wool first came out, (my first good wool project was Julie Hoover’s Parker cardigan) it was only $9.80 a skein.

My gauge is almost to the dot, yet I found the size 3/40 kind of small, it really did not give me the 4 inches of ease (my chest size is 36 inches). It was not uncomfortable,  but I could not wear anything underneath since the underarms are very tight. 

Again, I use Chiaogoo shorties to knit the sleeves in the round and even with a size 6 needle it took forever. 

I probably would not knit this for self again since the style is not very flattering on me. I only used 2.3 skeins in this project.





Comments