Modern Tabard vest by Jared Flood review

Modern tabard vest by Jared Flood in Brooklyn
Tweed Peerie. Color: Cortado (discontinued color)

This is the Modern Tabard vest by Jared Flood in Brooklyn Tweed Peerie. The Tabard is a design workbook and sells for $15, and there are many options for length, collar choices etc. I knitted this is size 4 mock neck, 2x2 rib and the medium length (Midi length).

This is a pretty thin merino wool yarn, it is very soft and it uses size3 needles. I used 5.8 skiens to knit this vest and it took forever. I cannot even imagine knitting the knee length version. I, instead knitted another one in the color Alizarin.

The pattern is very well written, as with any BT patterns, but if some one is to knit this in multiples, a design in a thicker yarn, quicker knit would be more welcoming. 

I have to take a break and before I knit the short version, but the yarn estimates for sizes are really not estimates since there are so many variation and sizes and you are bound to end up with leftover yarn or risking not buying enough.

In Alizarin

Modern Tabard vest in Brooklyn Tweed Peerie
Color: Alazarin


Comments