First Raglan sweater by Jarod Flood review

 

First raglan sweater by Jarod Flood in Brooklyn Tweed tones
Color: Nimbus overtone

This is the First Raglan Sweater by Jarod Flood in Brooklyn Tweed Tones. I have been knitting for 4 years at that point and I have not knitted a top down. This is a knit along that Brooklyn Tweed organized in the early fall of 2021 and that was when they launched their new yarn, Tones.

Tones was quickly sold out, and I did not have much choice in colors. The texture feels like BT Shelter and after knitting and wearing a few knitted garments the winter of 2021, I do not know if I would ever knit another garment in Shelter again. It pills like crazy, no kidding. This yarn is not cheap, and so is Shelter, it cost over $100 to make a garment unless you are XS in size.

This is a very easy pattern to follow, the German short rows video is very helpful, very clearly explained and the pace is perfect. I think Mr. Flood did a very good job in explaining how German short rows are done. 

The main body of the garment uses size 7 needles and knits up very fast. I used Chiaogoo shorties to knit the sleeves in the row and it took forever.

I made the version with blouse sleeves and no body tapering, so once I split up the yoke, it is just knit in the round.

This is definitely a learning project for me since I do not like the color and this probably gets very few opportunities to wear in North Texas. Wool but 3/4 sleeves.


Me wearing the sweater in size 3

Knitting the yoke in the round

Knitting the sleeves in the round

Using Chiaogoo shorties at the cuffs.

In long tapered sleeves and tapered body.
Brooklyn Tweed Shelter in Blanket Fort.



Comments