Bewick sweater by Norah Gaughan review

 

Bewick sweater by Norah Gaughan in
Brooklyn Tweed Peerie
Color: Parchment (discontinued)

This is the Bewick sweater by Norah Gaughan in Brooklyn Tweed Peerie. It is rated a level 2 out of 5. Easy peasy right? Yea, kind of. I made this 2 inches shorter since I am only 5 feet 3 inches tall, and long tunics make me look even shorter.

This is a 110 hour projet, if I had knitted the front first, I would knit the back in plain stockinette stitch. Those squares really made me dizzy at the end and so glad when I got to the sleeves. I also learn something new, 3 needle bind off.

The 3 needle bind off is really a huge aha moment for me, it is so neat, both on the inside and outside of the garment. As with any BT patterns, this is very we;; written. And a bonus, I bought this yarn back in July of 2021 when they had the online warehouse sale. And I got 12 skeins in parchment for $7.49 a skein, compared to $17.25 each full price. I used 9 skeins knitting this pullover.



3 needle bind off, wrong side

3 needle bind off, right side


Comments