Akiko cardigan by Yoko Hata review



Akiko cardigan by Yoko Hata in Brooklyn Tweed
Arbor. Color: Azalea (discontinued)

This is the Akiko cardigan by Yoko Hata in Brooklyn Tweed Arbor. After knitting the Ando cardigan by Yoko Hata, I am fascinated by the way she designs pieces like origami and folded into place.

I had bought 13 skeins of Arbor in Azalea in August 2021 during BT’s online warehouse sale at a giveaway price of $5.50 a skein, compared to $15.50 each at full price. Pink is also my favorite color, and I also think that it has to be a light enough color to see all the different texture and cables in this design. 

Arbor is very soft, and pills minimally. It is American Targhee wool, and just by feel I would have guessed a mixture of merino in it. 

The seed stitch in this pattern really took forever, I really did not know what I was thinking. This is also not a travel friendly project, because the sleeves’ stitches are picked up after the body pieces are sewn together. Even knitting this is the middle of winter in North Texas makes me feel like hugging a sheep.

Again, there is no complain about BT’s patterns. I knitted this in size 2/22.5 and I use 9.8 skeins. 

Just an afterthought, this cardigan does not rest well on the shoulder, it slides off. But I think it is definitely a work of art.







Comments