Princeton Capelet by Sylvia Hager review

 

Princeton Capelet in Blue sky fibers Eco-cashmere
Color:Polished purl

This is the Princeton Capelet by Sylvia Hager. It is knitted in Blue sky fibers Eco-cashmere. I knitted this is the larger size (M/L) and I used 6 skeins. The color is polished purl. 

This is knitted bottom up in the round. The finished product is just like the schematic. Since it calls for size 8 needles, it is a fast knit.

The cashmere is very soft, and even with steam blocking, the edge at the bottom curls up. I would say the size runs a bit small. I am a US size 8 and the shoulders fit just right. So I would assume if you are bigger, the funnel/turtle neck would be all crunched up more like a wrap than a cape.

This is a lovely yarn, and Blue Sky fibers does not do a good job with more patterns designed for this yarn to market this yarn, in my opinion. I do not live close to an upscale yarn store, so it is hard for me to see the yarn in person and see if I can use this in a cardigan or sweater pattern. Plus this yarn is not cheap, I would not want to buy more than what I need. 




Comments