Selene Scarf by ‘We are knitters’ review

 

Closeup of the hand painted yarn

This is the Selene scarf by “We are knitters’. The color is hand painted. It is knitted in Pima cotton, which is a thin 100% cotton yarn. It is a fairly fast knit, about 20 hours, including about 3 hours of attaching the tassels.

Selene scarf in hand painted Pima cotton

I have been wanting to knit this for a while, and could not seem to be able to buy the hand painted color of Pima cotton. On an after thought, this is overrated. I do not know if I would ever wear this, because it looks so boho to me. The only thing I would wear it with is probably a white top.

This kit contains 3 balls of Pima cotton, and it included the pattern, and as of today, the price is $60 for hand painted, $9 less if a solid color is selected. 

It took me forever to cut out the tassels and attach them, and I have to pull them tight, maybe eventually tie a knot because they do come lose. 

One word of caution, there is not much yarn left.

Yarn left



Comments