Clayton cardigan by Julie Hoover review

Clayton in Brooklyn Tweed Loft
Color: Postcard

 I love this cardigan. This is fairly simple to knit, but it took forever, like 70 hours forever. I knitted the Ando cardigan in Brooklyn Tweed Loft before and this is the second time. I love the yarn, not really soft, but structured and has a lot of pattern definition. But it is fingerling. 

Since I ran out of yarn in the Ando, I ordered 6 skeins instead of 5 in my size(2nd size), and sure enough, I ran out. My tension was to the dot, and I needed to use the 6th skein for the icord and seaming. This is also the first time to do buttons, and I do not know if my tension is not tight, cos my buttons do not really stay buttoned when worn.

This color is called postcard, and looking at the color on the Brooklyn Tweed website, it has a lot of pink in it, but in reality it is more grey than anything else. 

The pattern is well written, and it is fairly easy for an intermediate beginner knitter like me. I would love to have this in a lighter color, but it will be a long while before I will knit something in Loft again.

Comments