Traveling Knit Afghan review Squares 7-12


Lion brand is sponsoring this afghan and I am knitting this afghan in Lion Brand fisherman wool. It is 100% wool and is $12.99 a skien. One skien is enough to knit about 7 squares. For review of Traveling Knit Afghan Squares 1-6, please see previous post.

Square 7
Square 7 is designed by Ms Christie Bodden of Christie Bodden Designs. I have to say this is a very 3-dimensional pattern. I love it a lot. This is knitted in dark brown Lion Brand fisherman wool. This also turned out to be very close to a 10 inch square. I did not block/steam this to retain the 3 dimensional effect. This pattern can be found on ravelry: “Making Waves Square”.

Square 8
Square 8 is designed by Ms Makenzie Alvarez of Hanks and Needles. This pattern is similar to Square 7 but not as 3 dimensional. I am not excited about this pattern but at least it turned out to roughly a 10 inch square. This pattern can be found on ravelry: “Traveling Afghan Square 8”.

Square 9
Square 9 is designed by Ms Phanessa Fong of Designs by Phanessa. Ms Fong provided this pdf pattern for free. This is the only square so far that produces a square bigger than 10 X 10. And because there is no border, the top is stretched out after casting off. So it will have to be remedied when seaming. This is knitted in the color “Natural”. This pattern can be found on ravelry: “Wrap mock stitch”.

Square 10
Square 10 is designed by Ms Angie Bivins of Whistle and Wool. This is a pretty boring pattern to me, and not to sound rude, I don’t know if you can call the pattern a design. I guess if this is the best you can come up with to draw new customers to your site, at least this is a beginner pattern. This pattern can be found on ravelry: “Traveling Knit Afghan Square #10”.

Square 11
Square 11 is designed by Ms Jane Tsou of Gorilla Knits. This is probably not a bad patten for a wash cloth. But another boring “waffle” kind stitch, but not a bad one for an afghan. Came out slightly bigger than a 10 inch square. As of writing (we are at square 14), I cannot find this pattern on ravelry.

Square 12
If you think I am a mean person, I am not. But I am honest. Square 12 is “designed” by Ms Chenoa Wilcox of jellyKNITTING. If you think you can survive the boredom of knitting Square 10, this is another disappointment. This is not a design, Ms Wilcox could probably save some time and say “Let’s knit a 10 X 10 square in double moss stitch”. Really? I cannot understand, but if this is your best shot, you are really not a designer. I am going to stop now. This “pattern”, if you would like to call it, can be found on ravelry: “Traveling Knit Afghan Square 12”.

For review of squares 13-24 and the border, see future reviews.

Comments