Traveling Knit Afghan review Squares 14-18


Lion brand is sponsoring this afghan and I am knitting this afghan in Lion Brand fisherman wool. It is 100% wool and is $12.99 a skien. One skein is enough to knit about 7 squares. For review of Traveling Knit Afghan Squares 1-12, please see previous posts.

Square 13
After Square 12, this is another let down. This is a beginner practice knit for real beginners. The one good news is this came out to almost a 10 inch square. This is designed by Ms Rachel Misner of Evelyn and Peter. This pattern can be found on ravelry: “Traveling Afghan Knit Square 13”.

Square 14 odd row side

Square 14 even row side
Square 14 is designed by Ms Jessica Potasz of Mama in a Stitch. This is an interesting pattern since it only uses knit stitches, k2tog and yarn over. I actually unravelled when I got to half my square because I thought I made a mistake somewhere because my square does not look like the one on Ms Potasz’s website. I started all over and realized that the back side/even row side might be the right side. But no where on the pattern tells me that. I have attached pictures of both sides, and the even row side looked more like a “pattern’? As of today, I have not been able to locate this pattern on ravelry.


Square 15

Square 15 is designed by Jerica Tompkins of Mama in a stitch. This is one of the very few squares, that without blocking, came out to very close to a 10 inch square. It is also very 3 dimensional, and without blocking, you can see the pattern even though it is knitted with dark color yarn.

Square 16

Square 16 is designed by Mary Lee of Fifty Four Ten Studio, This is just an ok pattern for me. It works nicely as a square, but I think unless you knit this in a light color yarn, you won’t be able to see the pattern.

Square 17

Square 17 is designed by Kaitlin Bartholdi of Originally Lovely. As you can probably tell from the picture above, mine did not come out to be a square. I had to do a lot of pulling and stretching while blocking.

Square 18

Square 18 is designed by Julia Anastasi of Northern Loop Knitwear. I like this square a lot, although it came out smaller than 10 inch square. It is pretty 3 dimensional and you can see the pattern clearly, even if you knit with a dark color yarn. 


Comments