Napa cardigan by ‘We are knitters’ review


This is the Napa cardigan by ‘We are knitters’. The color is light yellow and light salmon. It is knitted in Pima cotton, which is a thin 100% Cotton yarn. It is a fast knit, about 20 hours.

This kit includes 6 balls of Pima cotton, a set of 8 mm knitting needles in wood, a label that you can sew on the finished product (which said knitted by myself), and a couple sewing needles. I already have the needles. 

Cost breakdown: 6 skeins of yarn $72, the kit was $99 with the needles, $89.50 without the needles. So the pattern ended up costing a whopping $17.50. I bought it in size medium, which came with 6 skeins. 

This is a fast knit, because you are knitting 2 strands of yarn at the same time. My challenge is that the yarn twist, and I can tell closely looking at the stitches where my yarn twist. Another challenge I had was picking the colors. I looked on ravelry but did not find any color combination that like. I want this to be a spring cardigan so I picked light yellow and light salmon. It turned out that the finished product looked mustard in color, with the yellow taking over the salmon. Kind of disappointed, so it will be a fall cardigan instead. 

My last challenge is how many rows do I take off from the sleeves and the body. I do not want a long cardigan and slouchy sleeves. I am 5 feet 3 inches tall, and I know for sure that the sleeves would be too long. So I took 10 rows off the body and 8 rows off the sleeves and the sleeves hit right above my wrists.

The cotton is very soft to the touch and I really like it. I have worn it a few times and really like it too. But I do not think I will knit another one because I do not like to knit 2 strands of yarn at the same time, and I do not have another color combination in mind. Will look forward to wearing more in the fall. 



Comments