Risin Sun cardigan by ‘Wool and the gang’ review

Risin sun cardigan in mellow mauve

This is the Risin Sun cardigan by ‘Wool and the gang’. The color is mellow mauve.  It is knitted in “Feeling good yarn”,  a 1-ply yarn and looks like it has a nylon tubing inside, because the yarn feels very sturdy. It took me about 60 hours of knitting time, including an hour and a half of sewing the pieces together. Not a fast knit.

This kit includes 9 balls of the felling good yarn for size 2,  a set of 5 mm knitting needles in wood, which I already have, a label that you can sew on the finished product (which said Made unique), and a sewing needle. 

Cost breakdown: 9 skeins of the Feeling good yarn $146.70.  The kit was $165.50 with the needles, $152 without the needles. So the pattern ended up costing $5.30.

This is an easy kit. It is a very chic cardigan, that is why picked this.  I am 5’3” tall and I knitted it according to the pattern, the sleeves are just a inch too long. The sleeves still cover my wrists when I am standing straight up, so I could have taken a few rows off. I ran out of yarn so the belt is 10 inches shorter than the pattern. It took more than 3 balls for the back piece. 

I bought this during Black Friday at 30% off and it took more than 5 weeks for me to finish. I really like it. But it fits best with a turtleneck inside. The collar is kind of tight so does not really work with a collared shirt, in my opinion. I have bought another kit in seashell beige at 35% off, which I will start soon. 

The only challenge for me is I cannot really get my stitches even for the bottom bad, you can tell it is hand knit for sure, other than that, I am really in love with this yarn. 



 Update: May 1, 2019. Here is one in seashell beige.



Update: August 13, 2020. Here is one in Pink Sorbet.






Comments