Tribunal cardigan by ‘We are knitters’ review


This is the Tribunal cardigan by ‘We are knitters’. The color is natural. It is knitted in “The wool” and “the petite wool”, both 1-ply yarn. It took me about 15 hours of knitting time, including an hour and a half of sewing the pieces together. Quite a fast knit.

This kit includes 5 balls of The wool and 3 balls of the petit wool for size large, a set of 15 mm knitting needles in wood, which I already have, a label that you can sew on the finished product (which said knitted by myself), and a couple sewing needles.

Cost breakdown: 5 skeins of the wool $120, 3 skeins of the petite wool $42, for a total of $162. The kit was $118 with the needles, $106 without the needles. So the pattern ended up costing nothing, and is cheaper to buy just the kit. Or buy the kit if you want the yarn to knit something else.

I do not like the cardigan at all, the sleeves are very bulky and loose. Looking at the sleeves length of the model, I had to shorten the sleeves. This is a quick knit, but you have to constantly read the pattern, because you are constantly changing yarn. I also have a very hard time knitting the icord. The video on the website showed knitting the icord by itself, and the description in the pattern does not seem to correspond to the drawing, so I am thinking that the person who wrote the pattern did not do the illustration. It took me about 2 hours to figure that out, plus you are working from 2 strands of yarn, and the pattern was confusing on which one to use.

Also when you buy the kit, you have to pick the colors of both the wool and the petite wool and after careful examination, it looks like you only have 2 choices if you want both your yarn colors to match:  natural or aquamarine.

After knitting this in natural and do not like the way it fits. I sold most of my yarn in aquamarine. I saved 2 to work on a future blanket.


Detail of the icord collar 


Comments