X-ray cardigan by ‘We are knitters’ review


This is the X-Ray cardigan by ‘We are knitters’.  The color is pearl. It is knitted in “The wave wool” which is a thin 100% wool 1-ply yarn with various thickness to create a different texture. I am promoted to knitting an intermediate kit. It took me about 20 hours of knitting time, including an hour and a half of sewing the pieces together.

This kit includes 9 balls of The wave wool, a set of 8 mm knitting needles in wood, a label that you can sew on the finished product (which said knitted by myself), and a couple sewing needles. I already have the needles. 

Cost breakdown: 9 skeins of yarn $126, the kit was $134 with the needles, $122 without the needles. So the pattern ended up costing $4. I bought it in size large, which came with 2 extra skeins (7+2).

I bought this color when it first came out in the spring. The feeling of the skeins is fairly soft,  but once knitted, I am sorely disappointed because it is not soft at all. The thin portion of the yarn feel like strings and I really do not like the style. I do like the color very much. 

I used up 7 1/2 skeins knitting this cardigan in large. Sizing is about the same as the Martina cardigan and the Emei cardigan. I gave the one whole skein left to my mother-in-law since I know I will not be using it for anything else. This will be the last time I buy anything in the wave wool also. 





Comments