Emei cardigan in Sprinkle denim (We are knitters) review


This is the Emei cardigan by ‘We are knitters’. The color is sprinkle denim. It is knitted in “The petite wool” which is a thin 100% wool 1-ply yarn. I had already knitted one emei cardigan. It took me about 20 hours of knitting time, including an hour and a half of sewing the pieces together.

This kit includes 5 balls of The petite wool, a set of 8 mm knitting needles in wood, a label that you can sew on the finished product (which said knitted by myself), and a couple sewing needles. (See earler review, I bought this kit in pink).

Cost breakdown: 5 skeins of yarn $70, the kit was $89 with the needles, $77 without the needles. So the pattern ended up costing $7, which I already have from the kit. So I bought 5 skeins of yarn, and sprinkle denim is $3 more a skein, total $85. I bought these at 30% off. The cost to make this is $59.50.

This second time around with 75% of the rows have alternating knitting and purling, it goes faster. The sprinkle denim yarn is fluffier but not as soft as the pink. I also bought the yarn in mint green, and the texture for the solid colors is the same. I like the sprinkle denim a lot but since the yarn is fluffier, I did not cast off tight enough at the collar and ended up have to pull it tighter at the end. I love this pattern and will knit this again.


Update: June 21, 2018 - I have knitted 2 more Emei cardigans, in mint green and lavender.



Update: July 6, 2018 - here is one in red


Comments