Pyry sweater by ’We are knitters’ review


This is the Pyry sweater by ‘We are knitters’. The color is pearl gray. It is knitted in “The petit wool” which is a thin 100% wool 1-ply yarn. I picked this kit because it is in the easy category and I thought it looked like a Good Friday sweater that I can wear to work. It took me about 15 hours of knitting time, including an hour and a half of sewing the pieces together.

This kit includes 6 balls of The petite wool for size large, a set of 8 mm knitting needles in wood, which I already have, a label that you can sew on the finished product (which said knitted by myself), and a couple sewing needles. Note: I have one whole skein plus some left.  (Wonder if the WAK people really knit this in different sizes first).

Cost breakdown: 6 skeins of yarn $84, the kit was $101 with the needles, $89 without the needles. So the pattern ended up costing $5.

I measured my tension and was almost exactly the same as in the pattern, however, when the pieces are finished, the back and front especially, stretched. I also have trouble lining the seams up when sewing because the front part is shorter than the back. It is very body and roomy on me. I do not know if I can wear a medium because WAK sizes run small, but this one I can definitely go down one size. I would not knit is again because I do not know how much it will stretch after washing. I finished this the beginning of March and with the weather here, I have not had a chance to wear it, so will wait till the fall. This is not a sweater I would recommend, it is not worth my time. Too simple, fit not flattering. 




Comments