Stay cardigan by ‘Wool and the gang’ Review



This is the Stay cardigan by ‘Wool and the gang’. The color is dusty grey. It is knitted in “Take care mohair” which is a thin mohair 1-ply yarn. I picked this kit because it is in the easy category. It took me about 20 hours of knitting time, including an hour and a half of sewing the pieces together.

This kit includes 5 balls of Take care mohair, a set of 12 mm knitting needles in wood, which I do not already have, a label that you can sew on the finished product (which said knitted by myself), and a sewing needle.

Cost breakdown: 5 skeins of yarn $74.75, the kit was $99.50 with the needles, $87 without the needles. So the pattern ended up costing $12.25. I bought it during the Black Friday sale for $73.40 with the needles.


This kit is not at all easy for me, mainly because the knitting is so slow and tedious since I am a beginner knitter. It is slow because I could not really count the number of rows. Also, this yarn in this color is very tiring on my eyes when I want to knit in the evenings before bed. Just hard to see.

I used up 2 skiens of yarn just knitting the back, in size 2, probably a medium, I ended up using 5 skeins of wool with very little left over. I honestly do not think there is enough yarn to knit in size 3 which is a large. Also the armholes are kind of tight, you will have to be wearing a sleeveless shirt or have skinny arms. I was thinking that if I make this again I will make it in the same size but bigger sleeves, but do not think so now since there will not be enough yarn if I only get the kit. Will need 6 skeins for sure. .

Yarn left 

Comments