Braille beanie by ‘We are knitters’ Review


This is the Braille beanie by ‘We are knitters’. The color is light pink and natural. It is knitted in “The petite wool” which is a thin 100% wool 1-ply yarn. I picked this kit because it is in the easy category, and I need a pattern to use up my leftover yarn from the Ranta scarf and Emei cardigan. The Ranta scarf had almost a whole skein left, minus 25 feet. The Emei cardigan had just enough leftover for his beanie, and I knitted the Emei cardigan in size L.

This kit includes 1 ball of The petite wool, a set of 8 mm knitting needles in wood, which I opt out, a label that you can sew on the finished product (which said knitted by myself), and a couple sewing needles.

Cost breakdown: 1 skein  of yarn $14, the kit was $49 with the needles, $37 without the needles. So the pattern ended up costing $23, pretty expensive, especially because the pattern only comes with 2 sentences. Experienced knitters would be able to take a look and know what stitch this is.

This beanie took me about 3 hours to make (each). I use a Pom Pom maker to make the Pom poms. The fit is very loose, I probably could have casted 4 stitches less. I bought this kit in the color nude, but have yet to decide what to do with the skein. I made a mistake ordering it in nude since I bought 4 skeins in nude already to knit the Ranta scarf. So I will have leftover yarn in nude to knit a matching beanie.

Comments