Deja vu hat by ‘We are knitters’ Review


This is my fourth knitting project. This is the Deja vu hat by ‘We are knitters’. The color is salmon. It is knitted in “The wool” which is a chunky 100% wool 1-ply yarn. I picked this kit because I wear beanies a lot during he winter outside training my dogs. It took me about 2 hours of knitting time and finishing the Pom Pom. 

This kit includes 1 ball of The wool, a set of 15 mm knitting needles in wood, which I opt out, a label that you can sew on the finished product (which said knitted by myself), and a couple sewing needles. 

Cost breakdown: 1 skein of yarn $24, the kit was $55 with the needles, $43 without the needles. I bought it at 25% off, I paid $29.25. So the pattern ended up costing me $5.25, or $13.25 because individual skeins were on sale too. Is it worth it? Again, I am a beginner, but experienced knitters can probably tell the pattern just by looking at the picture. Without the 25% discount, the pattern would cost you $19, which experienced knitters can tell it is ribbed stitch followed by seed stitch. (The website took 25% off $55 then minus $12 on the needles).

I enjoyed knitting and making this beanie a lot, mainly because the finished product is a small piece. I can knit at dog events and I can knit when my cat is around. I was able to knit 2 beanies using one skein, but I did not have any yarn left to do the Pom Pom. So 2 skeins of the same color will be sufficient for 3 beanies. I will be knitting this a lot next year for Christmas presents. 

Comments